DIY | Mermaid Braid10:00 am
Just because you aren't a kid anymore doesn't mean you're too old for braids... the mermaid braid is a really sophisticated day-to-day look and an absolute staple for spring and summer. We prowled the internet for the best hair inspiration and these babes absolutely rock it. And are making us super jealous that we don't have long, luscious hair (yet)! Whether you're walking down the street, on a romantic new date, hanging out at the beach, making a fool of yourself on the dance floor, or jumping up and down at a festival... this hair style is a winner for any occasion. Check out this easy hair tutorial from oncewed, you won't be in front of the mirror for hours and it won't require 10 million bobby pins.
1) Create a deep side part and pull all hair to the opposite side.
2) Begin a regular French braid at the top, near the part.
3) Continue creating the French braid along the side/hairline moving towards the ear.
4 and 5) Add hair from the opposite side by taking horizontal sections and bringing them around to the front where the braid is located.
6) Continue taking even sections to add to both sides of the braid, making sure the braid remains located along the hairline.
7) Once you have placed all loose hair into the braid, continue braiding the tail and secure with a clear rubber band.
8) Spray with finishing spray.
9) Loosen braid to desired size.
Tip: if you have thinner or shorter hair, add clip-in or permanent extensions to create fullness and length.
Images from Pinterest
Tutorial from oncewed