HEALTHY | Oreo Cookie Pancakes3:55 pm
♥ 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
♥ 1/2 cup flour (1/4 quinoa flour, 1/4 tapioca flour)
♥ 1.5 tsp baking powder
♥ 3 TBS dark chocolate cocoa powder
♥ pinch of salt
♥ 1 TBS brown rice syrup
♥ 1 TBS canola oil
♥ 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
♥ 1.5 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
♥ 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
♥ 2-3 TBS coconut milk
♥ 2/3 TBS stevia
1. Frosting - using a food processer, mix the coconut flakes until they form coconut butter. Scrape down the sides as necessary. It may not come to a full paste but it should be near creamy. (Start your pancake batter while it's mixing).
2. Once creamy, add vanilla and stevia and mix again.
3. While the mixture is processing, add in splashes of coconut milk until it resembles a creamy frosting that retains a little thickness.
4. BATTER - Heat a skillet over medium-low heat.
5. Mix milk, oil and vanilla in a small bowl and set aside.
6. Whisk the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, brown sugar syrup and salt in a separate bowl until combined.
7. Add the liquid to the dry and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Add a touch more milk if it's too thick.
8. Drop small scoops of batter onto the lightly greased skillet. When bubbles start to peak through the surface and you see a bit of light browning/crisping up on the underside, flip the pancakes over carefully, about 2-3 minutes.
9. Repeat on the other side, remove from the pan.
10. Top pancakes with as much frosting as desired. I found a small spoonful between each later was plenty.
Serving size: 3 pancakes
Recipe from Minimalist Baker